Saturday, November 8, 2008

Say It Ain't So

Being nineteen sucks. I feel like it's a hump; it's such an awkward age. Your not a punk ass teenager anymore but your still not completely there with adulthood. I've been told that you go through a lot of life learning experiences through these years and I can definitely agree so far. Life has been pretty nuts, but we won't un-hash the past, simply rant about the present.

I can't tell you how many hundreds of times I've heard from family members especially my mom and both of my grandmothers that friends come and go but family is forever. Of course we all know this is true, but to certain points depending on who you are and the quality of your friends. I knew for myself that as I grew older I would drift from certain friends from high school and that that was going to be OK, but the drift I never saw happening, has begun. I can't tell yet if this is just a "funk" her and I are going through but I'm at a loss at what to do. This isn't just anyone, it's my best friend. And that's what I mean about importance. I've been spending hours upon days analyzing the problems her and I are having, and just seeing that it's a constant stress. Is it really necessary to continue to put up with a relationship that is for the most part
negative. When is enough really enough and when do you just stop trying?

We're currently in the midst of a fight so I decided to resort here rather than go off on her. I feel like 08' has been an extremely draining year filled with irreplaceable learning experiences. Most of your most important learning experiences have to hurt right? I'm ready for some positive relationships in 09' though, and work on making current relationships positive and if not, then out of my life you go; I have no more room for baggage.

Hopes for a positive post.

No comments: